Creating Wildcard Certificate Request (BlueOnyx)
Posted by VIRTBIZ Support - Stuart on February 22 2016 04:40 PM
Here is a quick how-to for installing a Wildcard SSL / Wildcard Certificate on BlueOnyx. This applies to 5106R, 5107/5207R, 5108/5208R and 5209R versions.
- Log into BlueOnyx GUI, click to Site Management for the site you wish to add the wildcard certificate for.
- Create a signing request (it is sometimes helpful to create a self-signed request to pre-load the certificate files). The certificate should be just for the hostname of the individual site. This is not the wildcard, but merely a placeholder to initialize SSL within CCE.
- When the CSR is created, you may discard the download.
- Log in via shell (SSH) to your BlueOnyx server, and browse to /home/sites/SITE-NAME/certs (where SITE-NAME is the name of the site from the steps above).
- Run the following command:
openssl req -new -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout key -nodes -out request
- Input the appropriate answers for:
- Country Name (2 letter code)
- State or Province Name (full name)
- Locality Name (eg, city)
- Organization Name (eg, company)
- Organizational Unit Name (eg, section) OPTIONAL
- Common Name (eg, your name or your server's hostname) should be *.SITE-NAME. ie: If your site name is mysite.com, then input *.mysite.com
- Email Address is the email address you would like your certificate sent to.
- SKIP the challenge password and optional company name fields. Just hit Enter through those.
- Your CSR is now created under the filename "request". Copy the entire contents of that field and paste it into your certificate provider's CSR field and continue with the order process.
- Restart CCE to jog the new certificate request into BlueOnyx
service cced.init restart-or-
systemctl restart cced.init
- When you have received your certificate back from the CA provider, IMPORT the certificate as normal via the BlueOnyx control panel.